Bike Blitz’s physiotherapist-approved off-bike exercise programme is for cyclists of all abilities. Choose from gym or home-based exercises to:
- Improve your cycling posture
- Reduce injury risk
- Improve core and leg strength
- Improve performance
- Achieve faster results
This program is exercise only, for cyclists who need strengthening guidance, but who already have their nutritional needs sorted.
Strength exercise plan
- Choose gym or home-based exercise to suit your needs
- Pilates exercises and Yoga stretches for warm-ups and cool-downs
- Three to four workouts each week for four weeks
- Each workout ranges from 20 to 60 minutes per session
- Two cycling sessions per week
- Different exercises for beginner, intermediate and advanced cyclists
- Demonstration videos for good technique
- Instructions for bike set-up to ensure maximum comfort and performance
- Tools to monitor your success
- Weekly motivational videos
- Guidance and advice from Nicki
- Membership of the Bike Blitz Facebook community for extra support
- Discounts from Australian cycling websites and suppliers
Frequently asked questions
Do I need to do the nutrition program as well, or can I follow the exercise plan only?
As with all forms of exercise, you’ll usually see better and faster results if you’re properly fuelling your body: Eating the right foods in the right quantities at the right times.
Some people have already established good nutritional habits. For others, specific dietary needs mean that they can’t follow a plan such as the Bike Blitz Nutrition Plan.
The Bike Blitz Exercise Plan allows you to buy the exercises only, which is excellent news if you don’t need the nutrition component. You can save money by buying only what you need.
If you need help in the nutrition area as well, consider buying the comprehensive plan.
What equipment will I need if I’m not a member of a gym?
For best results, we recommend buying a small amount of equipment from Kmart or another reasonably priced store.
- Dumbbells – Three sets – weighted light, medium and heavy
- Gym ball (for your correct size, please check package instructions)
- Resistance band (medium grade)
- Foam roller
Use the video guides to ensure correct technique for each exercise.