- Improve on-bike posture to reduce the risk of injury
- Develop core and leg strength for increased power, flexibility and stability
- Access the latest knowledge for the fastest results
- Choose gym or home-based exercise
- Warm-up and cool-down stretches incorporating Yoga and Pilates
- Quick workouts ranging from 20 to 60 minutes per session, three to four workouts per week
- Two on-bike training sessions per week
- Choose the ability level that’s right for you
- Demonstration videos to help perfect your technique
- Delicious, simple and healthy recipes
- Nutritionist-approved daily meal plans
- Omnivore Plan with Gluten Free and dairy free options and some Vegetarian options
- Weekly shopping lists for your convenience
- Nutritional guides for pre and post-exercise
- Snack ideas for longer rides
- Bike set-up instructions for optimum comfort and performance
- Tools to measure your success
- Weekly videos to keep you motivated
- On-line support from Nicki for answers to your questions
- Membership of Facebook community for guidance and advice
- Exclusive discounts from Australian cycling suppliers
Why Bike Blitz?
Bike Blitz is a professionally designed program by personal trainer and cycling enthusiast, Nicki Jennison.
It’s thoughtfully divided into sections and weeks so that you can get the maximum benefit. With downloadable weekly instalments, you can work steadily towards your fitness goals.
And the best bit? You can get started right away.
Frequently asked questions
Is Bike Blitz the right program for me?
- Improve your fitness
- Go faster
- Join a cycling group
- Recover from injury
- Prevent injury
Whatever your reason, the Bike Blitz program can help.
Will the Bike Blitz Program suit my fitness level?
Won’t I get stronger if I do more cycling? Why do I need a strength program as well?
And the same is true of cycling, whether you’re a regular or casual rider, amateur or professional, advanced or beginner.
Most cyclists try to improve performance by spending more time on the bike. Without strength training, it doesn’t work. Instead, it can cause injuries from:
- Bad posture
- Overworking some muscle groups while underworking others
- Tightness and inflexibility
- Burnout and fatigue
Bike Blitz combats these issues by focusing on the crucial basics of strength, flexibility and stability training. It’s a way to improve your cycling speed, strength and stamina without having to spend hours on the bike.
I don’t have a gym membership. Can I do the exercises at home?
Whatever method you choose, it’s best to follow the video guides to make sure you’re doing each exercise with the correct technique. This will maximise your results.
If I choose the home exercise program, will I need special equipment?
- Three sets of dumbbells (light, medium and heavy weights)
- Swiss ball (check packaging instructions to find your correct size)
- Medium grade resistance band
- Foam roller
Does the program allow me to ride my bike during the 4-week training period?
Each week has different recommendations for the type, duration and frequency of your rides, depending on your level of fitness and experience.
I don’t have much time to cook and shop for food. How time-consuming is the program’s nutrition component?
Week 1 has a significant food focus, in which you’ll be shopping for food to set up your supplies for the following weeks. You’ll be preparing meals and snacks which can be frozen and used later.
If you’re willing to put in some effort for the first week, you’ll be able to ease off in the subsequent weeks.
There are shopping lists to make your trip around the supermarket as quick and easy as possible.